Global Village Volunteer Resources
When you join a Global Village team, you work with Habitat for Humanity to make the world a better place. We've gathered some resources to help you plan your journey and make the most of it.
Habitat for Humanity: Who we are and why we build
About Habitat for Humanity
Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Start here to find out how Habitat is working to build housing solutions.
Global Village policies and procedures
- Orientation Handbook; Here's your guide to the ins and outs of volunteering with Global Village. It has everything you'll need to prepare for your trip.
- Payment policies; Find out when, where and how to pay. Also learn about tax deductibility and refunds.
- Cancelations: We hope you won’t have to cancel, but if you do, here’s what you need to know.
- Minors: Under the age of 18? Find out who can travel with a Global Village team.
- Travel Medical Insurance: Our first priority is your safety, so each Global Village volunteer is covered by excellent insurance. Learn what’s included.
- Create your Share.Habitat fundraising page: Share.Habitat makes it easy to share your excitement about Global Village and raise support for your journey.
- Fundraising Workshop interactive webinar: In this 45-minute interactive webinar, you'll learn what works for other volunteers and see the tools we offer to make it easy.
- Corporate matching gifts: Check to see if your employer matches charitable donations.
- Sample fundraising letter: If you need a jumpstart, try these templates. Be sure to personalize them!
- Fundraising Handbook: Look here for detailed advice and information.
- U.S. State Department country information: Your source for visas, entry requirements, embassies and information to know before your trip.
- U.S. Passports
- CDC Travelers' Health: Consult a physician before you travel and review the CDC's recommendations for your host country.
- Oanda currency converter
- CultureGrams: Get familiar with your host country before you arrive! Global Village subscribes to this service for our volunteers. Login with the username Habitat and the password cgrams. A limited number of Habitat users may view CultureGrams at one time, so if you have difficulty logging in please try again later.