The added value of partnering with Habitat for Humanity in the Asia-Pacific region
A growing number of companies large and small are working with Habitat for Humanity to build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
Corporations partner with Habitat in numerous ways. They donate gifts-in-kind. They provide financial support. They mobilize employees as Habitat volunteers. They offer business expertise and acumen.
Partnering with Habitat for Humanity offers a wealth of benefits
- A worthwhile way to demonstrate corporate social responsibility credentials.
- A tangible opportunity to “give back” to communities.
- High-voltage public relations.
- Staff team building opportunities leading to positive effect on company morale
- Tax relief on donations in some countries.
Ways to invest
- Financial resources: Corporate funds not only help build homes for families in need. They build communities and through generations of homeowners. Homeowner’s monthly mortgage payments combined with donations are used to build more homes.
- Staff builds: Corporate builds deliver new homes – and offer opportunities for co-workers to grow, bond and unite in the goal of helping those in need. Employees at every level get to see each other at their best. The positives get carried back to the workplace.
- Gifts-in-kind: Donations of construction products and services directly lower the costs of building homes. Office space, equipment and other facilities help Habitat support its building programs. Donations of media space help publicize Habitat’s work.
- Experience: Corporate executives and professionals provide leadership skills and high-level connections that create new opportunities for Habitat to help families in need.
- Expertise: Seconding professionals from architects and engineers to accountants and PR executives help Habitat to adopt cost-efficient best practices and so enable more homes to be built faster, cheaper, better.
Current and recent corporate relationships include:
Aditya Birla Group (India)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
BA Continuum (India)
Globe Telecom (Philippines)
Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd (Korea)
POSCO (Pohang Iron and Steel Company) (Vietnam)
Samsung Electronics (including China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia and Philippines)
For more information on starting a partnership with Habitat for Humanity in the Asia-Pacific region, contact email@example.com