Habitat for Humanity's home repair program
We offer home repair services to homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. Some of our home repair work includes painting, landscaping, weatherization and minor repair services to preserve home exteriors and revitalize neighborhoods.
How does Home Preservation work?
- Families partner with Habitat based on income, need and willingness to help.
- We use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the work. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help Home Preservation serve others in need.
Habitat’s home repair program would not be possible without the generosity of Valspar, the co-founder and underwriter of our Home Preservation program.
Why do we offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families need to live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods become revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.