Preserving home exteriors and revitalizing neighborhoods.
Habitat offers home repair services to homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come.
Some of our home repair work includes painting, landscaping, weatherization and minor repair services.
How does Home Preservation work?
- Families partner with Habitat based on income, need and willingness to help.
- We use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the work. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help Home Preservation serve others in need.
This program would not be possible without the generosity of Valspar, the co-founder and underwriter of our Home Preservation program.
Why do we offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families need to live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods become revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
Contact your local Habitat to find out how you can get involved in Home Preservation today.