Homeowner and Events Support Specialist - 2023-24
Homeowner and Events Support Specialist
For one year, get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands-on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset.
AmeriCorps National members serve the community in direct service and capacity building activities.
What will you do?
The Homeowner and Events Support Specialist will be the main point of contact for all homeowner related events, including but not limited to planning, scheduling, and executing with the support of their direct manager, Homeowner Services team members, and volunteers. They will also provide regular support to homeowners who are in the homeownership process, working alongside the Homeowner Engagement Committee to provide support in various ways including connecting volunteers with homeowners for mentorship, interviews, or Homeowner-In-Process service hour partners.
- Organize and facilitate support events for homeowners.
- Schedule classes and speakers to facilitate Homebuyer Education classes.
- Create, submit, and mail the quarterly newsletter that goes out to all homeowners.
- Work with the homeowner engagement committee to provide support to families both in the homeownership process and those who have been through our program.
- On occasion, build alongside homeowner families as they complete their homeownership requirements.
This position will focus on homeowner services aspects of Habitat affiliate operations.
Where will you serve?
- Organization name: Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region
- Nearest metropolitan area: Charlotte, NC
- Full-time staff: 123
- Expected number of AmeriCorps members: 17
- Number of homes to be built: 50
- Number of homes to be repaired: 170
- Activities and attractions: Our offices and AmeriCorps apartments are less than 15 minutes away from uptown Charlotte, a three-hour drive from the beaches of North and South Carolina, and a two-hour drive from the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Unique projects: AmeriCorps members serving this term will support our organization before, during, and after Habitat for Humanity International’s Carter Work Project held in October 2023.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Living allowance of $17,600 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,895, upon successful completion of service.
- Forbearance for most federally-guaranteed student loans.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — approximately 10 days total.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
- Free housing
- Whitewater Center annual pass
- $100 ReStore gift card
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidates:
- Are passionate about serving the community through direct service.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity of opinion, experience, and background.
- Desire to gain hands-on experience in the affordable housing and nonprofit sector.
- Have experience working on a team.
- Possess stellar interpersonal communication skills.
- Are motivated and committed to serve full time and in person.