Homeowner Services Coordinator - 2023-24
Homeowner Services Coordinator
For one year, get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands-on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset.
AmeriCorps National members serve the community in direct service and capacity building activities.
What will you do?
The homeowner services coordinator builds and maintains the pipeline of homeowner families by leading efforts to recruit and educate qualified families for both homeownership and home repair opportunities. This role involves recruiting homeowner family applicants and serving as their point of contact as they go through the application process. Together with a family selection committee, you help select homeowner families for a variety of housing products including new home construction, repair or rehab of existing homes and weatherization projects.
- Coordinate existing programs to recruit homeowner applicants for traditional homeownership opportunities or for expanded housing products such rehab, repair or weather revitalization.
- Conduct applicant orientations and assist families throughout process of completing the housing application.
- Work with the family selection committee to select homeowner families based on established criteria and regulations.
- Work with the family services committee and staff to provide educational opportunities to homeowner families.
- On occasion, build alongside homeowner families as they complete their contract requirements.
This position will focus on homeowner services aspects of Habitat affiliate operations.
Where will you serve?
- Organization name: Pensacola Habitat for Humanity
- Nearest metropolitan area: Pensacola, FL
- Full-time staff: 43
- Expected number of AmeriCorps members: 6
- Number of homes to be built: 50
- Number of homes to be repaired: 5
- Activities and attractions: Pensacola is known for its beautiful sugar sand beaches. We have our Naval Aviation Museum, historic lighthouses and forts to visit, as well as Pensacola being the oldest and most historic settlement in America. Located close to Pensacola, you can go tubing or kayaking on Blackwater River or Coldwater Creek. Come experience a wonderful landscape!
- Unique projects: We are currently working on homes that must be Energy Star Certified.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Living allowance of $17,600 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,895, upon successful completion of service.
- Forbearance for most federally-guaranteed student loans.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — approximately 10 days total.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
- Free housing
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidates:
- Are passionate about serving the community through direct service.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity of opinion, experience, and background.
- Desire to gain hands-on experience in the affordable housing and nonprofit sector.
- Have experience working on a team.
- Possess stellar interpersonal communication skills.
- Are motivated and committed to serve full time and in person.