Volunteer Services Coordinator - 2023-24
Volunteer Services Coordinator
For one year, get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands-on experience and prepare for your future. This part-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset.
AmeriCorps National members serve the community in direct service and capacity building activities.
What will you do?
The volunteer services coordinator helps recruit, train, schedule and recognize volunteers while growing the volunteer base and advancing individual and group partnerships. Market within the community to recruit new volunteers. Develop new events and opportunities for volunteers to engage with the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Typically serve Monday – Friday.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers for construction, office, ReStore, deconstruction, family services and special events opportunities.
- Assist with all aspects of volunteer management including orientations, maintenance of database, volunteer tracking and follow-up.
- Work with construction staff to ensure successful volunteer build days – signing volunteers in, providing orientation and safety briefings, helping put away tools with volunteers at the end of the day and ordering necessary volunteer supplies.
- Develop and/or revise volunteer recruitment, management and recognition tools.
This position will focus on volunteer services aspects of Habitat affiliate operations.
Where will you serve?
- Organization name: Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity
- Nearest metropolitan area: Denver, CO
- Full-time staff: 7
- Expected number of AmeriCorps members: 3
- Number of homes to be built: 4
- Number of homes to be repaired: 25
- Activities and attractions: Our organization is located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains outside of Denver, Colorado. Located between a large metropolitan area and a beautiful mountain range, there is plenty to do all year round. The Denver metro area is well-known for its many sports teams, music, culture, and easy access to nature. Evergreen and the surrounding mountain towns are small communities filled with many local businesses and surrounded by state parks and open space.
- Unique projects: Blue Spruce Habitat is committed to resource and energy-efficient building practices. All of our homes are built to Energy Star standards that help with energy conservation as well as reducing long-term costs for our homeowners.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Living allowance of $9,350 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $3,447.50, upon successful completion of service.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
- Housing stipend paid directly to your landlord - $500 per month
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidates:
- Are passionate about serving the community through direct service.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity of opinion, experience, and background.
- Desire to gain hands-on experience in the affordable housing and nonprofit sector.
- Have experience working on a team.
- Possess stellar interpersonal communication skills.
- Are motivated and committed to serve full time and in person.