Join Habitat’s Disaster Corps and lend your professional skills and expertise to help people in post-disaster areas.
As a Disaster Corps member, you will provide field or technical support to help reduce the impact of disasters and prepare for future disasters.
As a Disaster Corps volunteer, what would I do?
You will be trained to apply your professional experience and skills to disaster settings. You might help with:
- Disaster preparedness
- Post-disaster assessment
- Resource development
- Community development
- Volunteer coordination
- Construction management
What skills do I need?
If you possess any of skills below, you may be a great candidate for Disaster Corps:
- A positive attitude.
- Physical stamina.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible world view and cultural sensitivity.
- High-pressure stress management.
- Proactive work ethic and willingness to perform hands-on tasks.
- Availability on short notice.
- Ability to work in unstable or resource-poor environments.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic communication skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to promote a team-building environment.
- Experience with computers and standard office equipment HF, VHF and satellite radio experience is a plus.
- Adaptability and willingness to listen to the Habitat affiliate needs before offering suggestions.
For more information, read our frequently asked questions.
Interested in joining?
Submit your email address to be notified of the next application window.
Contact Disaster Corps
Habitat for Humanity Disaster Risk Reduction and Response
285 Peachtree Center Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30303 USA
Every donation makes a difference.