Senior Programs Director
Reporting to the President/Executive Director, the Senior Programs Director is directly responsible for staff functions as they relate to the overall program and fiscal success of the affiliate including family services; construction services; neighborhood engagement, outlying counties, and land acquisition. The Senior Programs Director will work with all program departments to maximize their effectiveness, providing a key leadership role to enable the organization to serve more families in a timely way. The Senior Programs Director will be a strong manager and creative problem solver who is committed to and enthusiastic about the mission of GDM Habitat.
The Senior Programs Director will partner with her/his peers - the Finance and Administrative Director, Development Marketing and Volunteers Director, and ReStore Director - while also being responsible for all Program planning, organizing, operating, and staffing.
This is a Full Time Exempt position requiring flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings and special events. The Senior Programs Director will likely spend on average at least five days per week, Monday – Friday (40-hour work week with 8 hours days).
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of GDM Habitat by being actively involved in all programs and services and developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs
- Responsible for Program goals and the effective performance of all direct reports.
- Provides support and helps program teams overcome challenges and barriers in manner that builds a better organization.
- Serves as a resource to the President/Executive Director on planning, budgeting, organizational business, and employee engagement.
- Ensures communication is two way with messaging reaching all programs staff and the feedback and suggestions by program staff are regularly considered in all key decisions.
- Develops programs team through trainings, education, and professional development.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility comply with relevant Federal, State and Local laws and regulations
- Work with the Construction Services Director and Construction Team to deliver quality housing products in a timely manner while maximizing the engagement of volunteers in the construction process. Manage construction schedules and costs within established budgets and deadlines.
- Work with the Construction Services Director and Rock the Block Team to deliver quality housing repairs in a timely manner while maximizing the engagement of volunteers in the repair process.
- Work with Land Manager to pursue land opportunities to exceed the organization’s land inventory goals and lots ready to build pipeline.
- Family Services
- Work with Family Services Director and Family Services Team to recruit, qualify, educate, and ready an adequate pool of homebuyers eager to purchase Habitat homes.
- Work with Family Services Director and Family Services Team to attract, educate, coach, and provide successful outcomes under Financial Foundation for Success.
- Work with Family Services Director and Family Services Team to provide housing counseling that assists prospective homebuyers in addressing barriers to meet their housing goals.
- Oversee Neighborhood Engagement to outreach to and engage homeowners, partner families, and communities GDM Habitat has selected to work within.
- Oversee working to grow the Tool Lending Library integration into neighborhood work, building neighborhood relationships and creating programs to ensure the success of homeowners and the selected neighborhoods we work with.
- Outlying Counties
- Provide oversight and leadership to Habitat’s work in Dallas and Jasper Counties
- Support Dallas and Jasper Steering Committees and volunteer housing efforts with coordination of Habitat staff resources.
- Mission Oriented: Believes in GDM Habitat’s mission and values and considers them as a framework for all professional decisions.
- People Oriented: Provides motivating leadership to all direct reports and to all assigned committees in an understanding, compassionate, and accountable manner.
- Results Oriented: Assists in development of annual plan, construction schedule, and a balanced budget. Provides implementation of programs holding to a schedule of on-time delivery of services to partner families. Provides a positive and potentially life-changing experience for partner families who participate in GDM Habitat’s programs.
- Personal Development Oriented: Committed to ongoing professional development and continually growing professional skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Six or more years of operational management experience, preferably in the Habitat and/or non-profit sector, including quality control, project management, direct service, and/or construction.
- Superior problem solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Insight and skill to effectively lead a voluntary, non-profit organization within a complex internal and external environment.
- Proven track record in sound operational management, and motivating supervision of others.
- Ability to attract, retain, lead and motivate quality associated staff and volunteer leadership.
- Commitment to the Habitat mission, values and ethics.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with supervisor, direct reports, and other GDM Habitat staff.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, engaging community partners, and partnering with a President/Executive Director and board of directors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
- Excellent project management skills.
- In depth knowledge of community development and its practices
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to collaboratively develop, prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to evaluate and develop processes, procedures, and quality control.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
To be considered for this position, please be sure to email a resume/cv to:[email protected]
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.
Des Moines, IA