USA - IL, Wheaton - Special Events Manager
The Special Events Manager is responsible for developing strategies, establishing goals, and implementing a program focused on special events and fundraising for DuPage Habitat for Humanity. The funds raised through this position will support the integrated fund development plan that also includes donations and grants from local, state and federal agencies, corporations, faith groups and associations.
This position works closely with the Director of Development, event fundraising committees, board members and colleagues throughout Habitat to build long term relationships to increase awareness of and support for the organization’s mission and goals.
This position is responsible for his/her own portfolio of fundraising special events; integrating development plans with the Marketing Manager; developing and managing his/her budgets; responsible for the planning, oversight and execution of fundraising and development events for the organization in a manner consistent with DHFH goals, mission and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, plan and implement all fundraising events for the affiliate including, but not limited to, Women Build, Faith Build, Builders’ Benefit Breakfast, Executive Build, Liberty Mutual Swing fore Housing Golf Outing, and other events as developed.
- Plan and oversee house related events; Ground Breaking, Wall Raising, Dedications.
- Assist in creation of yearly Special Event strategy as component of overall Development Plan.
- Manage and assume responsibility for all event logistics including; venue selection & details, vendor selection & management, establishment & monitoring of timelines, volunteer recruitment & management, outreach & solicitation collateral, on-site requirements and day-of-event management.
- Support Development Team (as necessary) with corporate sponsorship strategy and relationships as well as maintain tracking of solicitation levels, benefits & responses.
- Coordinate production of event collateral including; invitations, promotional items, signage and other including securing logos and ads.
- Plan digital/social media/email communications and coordinate with Marketing Manager.
- Attain in-kind sponsors, contractors, committee members, key volunteers & other individuals responsible for successful special events.
- As part of overall event planning, create and manage specific volunteer committees and activities.
- Work collaboratively with Development, Construction, Volunteer, and Program Staff to ensure events are well-integrated across the organization.
- Maintain up-to-date event records using Raiser’s Edge CRM and ensure consistent and timely reporting on event status as well as acknowledgements of donor & sponsor contributions
- Provide timely analysis of results from each Event and develop recommendations for future events.
- Act as an ambassador and public face to support the mission and values of Habitat for Humanity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated fundraising success and budget attainment.
- Experience managing committees, team members and outside vendors/relationships.
- Leadership ability and previous project management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of peer to peer fundraising.
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to work with multiple teams, and ability to manage functional areas. Experience in managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills a must.
- Professional and cooperative manner and the ability to work with community leadership, board members and donors outside the organization.
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Progressive thinker and visionary with complete understanding of fundraising management and external relations.
- Ability to motivate others to produce quality materials with tight deadlines and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate team-oriented and group meetings.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and technical skills.
- High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethic.
- Ability to represent DuPage Habitat for Humanity with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four years of experience in special event planning within a not-for-profit environment.
- Experience in recruiting, training and motivating donors and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the not for profit development, fundraising, business and civic community in the DuPage County area a plus.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor management system and research methods for funding sources.
- Preferably familiarity with Habitat for Humanity and affordable housing
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills; excellent oral communication and ability to participate in public speaking events.
- Excellent written communication, research, and organizational skills.
- Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for fundraising and working with people.
Please email cover letter and resume to: Jobs@dupagehabitat.org
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED