2018 Home is the Key “Build with the Scott Brothers” drawing rules
Habitat for Humanity 2018 Home is the Key “Win a Chance to Build with the Scott Brothers” official rules – no donation or purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Subject to all relevant laws and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Drawing Sponsor: Habitat for Humanity International, Inc. (“HFHI” or “Sponsor”), 270 Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 1300, Atlanta, GA 30303, is the sponsor of the 2018 Home is the Key “Win a Chance Build with the Scott Brothers” prize drawing (the “Drawing”).
The TODAY Show and NBCUniversal Media, LLC (collectively, “NBCU”) are not a sponsor of the Drawing and are not associated with the administration of the Drawing in any way.
- Term: The Drawing will begin January 17, 2018, at midnight, Eastern Time (“ET”). All entries by those participating in the Drawing (“Entrant” or “Entrants”) must be received by 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2018, ET. Entrants are responsible for determining the entry times in their local time zones. The Grand Prize winners will be announced on March 5, 2018.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of primary residence). Employees, independent contractors, and interns of HFHI, as well as their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses) or persons living in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Drawing.
- How to Enter: To enter, go to https://www.habitat.org/support/home-is-the-key-build-with-scott-brothers-drawing, fill in the contact information and tell us why home is the key for you. Your answer will not affect the likelihood of you winning. Incorrect, illegible, corrupt, and incomplete entries are void. All eligible entries received will be entered in the Grand Prize Drawing.
- Drawing Prizes: There will be two “Grand Prize” winners. One winner will build with Drew Scott and the other winner with Jonathan Scott, at two build sites with other volunteers on April 2, 2018 in Nashville, Tennessee. The two winners will receive round-trip air transportation to the Homes is the Key build located in Nashville, Tennessee (the “Build”), as well as modest daily accommodations and meals for Sunday, April 1 – Tuesday, April 3, 2018. The Drawing winners will be expected to work a full day at the Build on April 2, 2018, and must be at least 18 years old to participate. The Drawing winner must possess a current passport or other acceptable identification and will be responsible for obtaining requisite immunizations and a visa if necessary. Each Grand Prize has an estimated value of US$1,700.
- Selection of Drawing Winners:
- The Grand Prize winners will be chosen at random from all entries received. Each winner will be notified via email. The winner must then email his or her name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a Grand Prize winner cannot be traced or does not respond within five business days to HFHI after receiving a winner notification, or if a winner refuses his or her respective prizes or are ineligible for the Grand Prizes awarded, the Grand Prize(s) will be forfeited and HFHI, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the forfeited Grand Prize(s) to another Entrant(s).
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- If selected, winners will be required to answer a skill-testing question where required by law.
- Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential Prize winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Prize to such potential winner might reflect negatively on the Sponsor.
- Prize Terms:
- Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the winners and other matters pertaining to the Drawing shall be final and binding.
- Only one entry per Grand Prize is permitted.
- By entering into the Drawing, each Entrant consents to the use by Sponsor and its designees of Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice in any and all media (including online announcements) now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Prior to attending the Build, winners will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability as designated by Sponsor, as permitted by applicable law.
- All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with a prize or the acceptance and use of any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are winner’s responsibility. The winners will be issued a 1099 tax form for the estimated fair market value of the Grand Prizes.
- The specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prizes in the Drawing shall be solely determined by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Grand Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
- Drawing Terms:
- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Drawing, or if computer virus, bug, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or other failures compromise, corrupt, or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Drawing, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Drawing, or to terminate the Drawing and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date.
- If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- HFHI reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Drawing at any time and for any reason. HFHI also reserves the right to remove any Entrant’s submission in its sole discretion. Should the Drawing be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on https://www.habitat.org/support/home-is-the-key-build-with-scott-brothers-drawing.
- Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Drawing, each Entrant irrevocably agrees to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NBCU, HFHI and its partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives and the Scott Brothers from any claims, losses, liabilities, and damages, including, but not limited to, those arising out of: an Entrant’s participation in the Drawing, any Drawing-related activity (including the Home is the Key build trip), a breach or violation of the Rules, and/or the acceptance of any prize awarded for the Drawing.
- Binding Agreement: These Rules form a legally binding agreement between HFHI and each Entrant with respect to the Drawing. Each Entrant should ensure he or she has read these Rules carefully. Entrants may not submit an entry to the Drawing and will not be eligible for the Prizes described in the Rules unless they agree to these Rules. The submission of an entry in the Drawing constitutes an Entrant’s agreement to these Rules.
- Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of any Entrant in connection with the Drawing shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. Any action or litigation concerning these Rules shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Fulton County, Georgia.
- Drawing Results: The Drawing winners will be announced to the public via habitat.org by 11:59 p.m., March 5, 2018 ET.