Advocacy resources and publications
Do you want to learn more about Habitat for Humanity’s advocacy efforts? These resources and publications can give you a more in-depth look at our efforts that help change laws and shape policies to improve access to decent, affordable housing for families in need of a place to call home.
U.S. federal policy fact sheets
Our fact sheets provide an overview of Habitat’s several federal legislative priorities in the United States.
- AmeriCorps and national service (PDF, 473KB)
- Housing finance reform (PDF, 294KB)
- Home investment partnerships program (PDF, 317KB)
- Self-help homeownership opportunity program (PDF, 443KB)
- Solid Ground (PDF, 380KB)
Habitat's annual policy-specific report highlights shelter issues around the world and recommends policy solutions.
Read news updates from our policy experts regarding legislative and regulatory developments that help us help more families build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
State of advocacy reports
Our annual advocacy-specific report features ways we are changing laws and policies to increase access to our shelter solutions at the local, national, regional and global levels.
- Fiscal year 2016
U.S. State of Advocacy 2016 (PDF, 4.6MB) | Global State of Advocacy 2016 (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Fiscal Year 2015 (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Fiscal Year 2014 (PDF, 908KB)
- Fiscal Year 2013 (PDF, 2MB)
- Fiscal Year 2012 (PDF, 1MB)
Understand our approach to advocacy and help support smart policies that promote access to decent, affordable homes.
- Global Advocacy Guide: English (PDF, 2MB) | Español (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Interfaith advocacy toolkit (PDF, 646KB)
- International Interfaith advocacy toolkit (PDF, 1MB)
Haiti Land Transaction manual
The Haiti Land Transaction Manual, Vol. 1 documents how to buy and sell land in Haiti.
The manual was the result of a year’s collaboration between Habitat for Humanity International, Architecture for Humanity, local legal experts, and the Haitian government.
It is an accessible manual that Haitians, NGOs and international investors can use to navigate the complex bureaucratic legal system of buying and selling land, and securing property – all critical first steps to permanent reconstruction after the 2010 Haiti earthquake.
Download a PDF of the manual
Haiti Land Transaction Manual, Vol. 1: A How-to Guide for the Legal Sale of Property in Haiti