Europe, Middle East and Africa
Do you want to learn more about Habitat for Humanity’s advocacy efforts? These resources and publications can give you a more in-depth look at our efforts that help change laws and shape policies to improve access to decent, affordable housing for families in need of a place to call home.
Presentations from conferences
- Building on solid ground - The relevance of the housing and urban renewal sector in the EU - Africa Partnership
- Habitat for Humanity’s recommendations for the new Africa-EU Partnership in the framework of the new EU-ACP Agreement
- Recommendations for the EU-ACP Partnership Agreement - Housing at the center
- Recommandations d’Habitat pour l’Humanite pour le nouvel Accord de Partenariat UE – ACP
- Tenure, security, land & property rights in an urban context
- Residential energy efficiency in South Eastern Europe and CIS
- Policy discussion brief for the European Commission on housing in EU member states
- The European Union’s role in the New Urban Agenda (Policy discussion brief for the Habitat III)
- Recommendations to the EU on the UN 2030 Agenda
Best case studies
Habitat’s annual policy-specific report highlights shelter issues around the world and recommends policy solutions.
- 2017: Building inclusive communities through homes that last
- 2016: Ending gender inequality in land rights
- Shelter reports from 2008-2015
Understand our approach to advocacy and help support smart policies that promote access to decent, affordable homes.