Costs of Global Village trips
Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Our Global Village international volunteer program fees vary depending on the length of the trip, the destination and sometimes other factors. A one-week stay including all expenses costs approximately US$1,500-2,000 per person.
Habitat for Humanity provides personalised budgets for you to work with. These budgets normally include:
- Meals, refreshments and accommodations
- In-country transport; to-from airport/site, to-from the build, etc.
- Insurance and 24/7 support
- Local, cultural activities
- Team coordination
- Orientation materials
- Donation to Habitat, which includes a donation to the project and people you are travelling to help
They do not include:
- Airfare to the host country
- Applicable visa and/or exit fees
- Rest and recreation before/after build that are not arranged by Habitat
Many volunteers fundraise for some or all of their trip. This can be fun and a great way of spreading the word about the people and places you are heading off to support.
But to make things easier, Habitat has a useful fundraising toolkit and and a fundraising handbook which will help you reach your fundraising goals.
Last but not least, your volunteer coordinator has a lot of experience in fundraising and can help you plan how to fundraise effectively.