Global Village volunteer resources
Shelter is a basic human need and yet it remains elusive for many families around the world. When you join a Global Village or Habitat and Thrivent Worldwide team, you partner with Habitat and with local families to help build a world where everyone has safe and affordable shelter.
We have gathered some resources to help you plan your journey and make the most of it.
Read our Global Village program FAQs.
Learn about Habitat and Thrivent Worldwide programs.
Policies and procedures
- Volunteer code of conduct: As a Habitat for Humanity volunteer, you commit to abiding by this code of conduct while on your program.
- Raising a concern: Learn more about raising concerns and how to confidentially and anonymously report any issue or concern that may arise.
- About your program donation: Learn about what is included in your donation.
- Submitting donations and fundraising: Find out when, where and how to pay.
- Cancellation and payment policies: We hope you will not have to cancel, but if you do, here is what you need to know.
- Travel medical insurance: Learn what is included in our insurance policy.
- Corporate matching gifts: Check to see if your employer matches charitable donations to Habitat for Humanity.
- Fundraising handbook: Use this resource to find easy, fun and creative ways to raise donations for your program.
- U.S. State Department: Information for visas, entry requirements, embassies, etc.
- U.S. Passports: Ensure your passport is up to date or apply for your first one.
- CDC Traveler’s Health: Ensure that you have the required vaccinations for the location you are visiting.
- Oanda currency converter: Check out exchange rates for where you will travel.
Commitment to safeguarding
We can only address and stop safeguarding violations if we all are committed to being a part of the solution. View our safeguarding orientation video in English or with Spanish subtitles to learn more about what safeguarding is, how to recognize safeguarding violations and how to report them.